Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Preserving Godly Seed


Did you ever hear this song as a child?



O be careful little eyes what you see
O be careful little eyes what you see
For the Father up above is looking down in love
So, be careful little eyes what you see

I remember it so well being sung in my church's Sunday school class. I was probably around four - five years old. Then, we would change the words to O be careful little ears what you hear, O be careful little feet where you go, and O be careful little hands what you do etc. But, really how true was this song? As a child, I really believed these words were true, but did not fully comprehend.  As I grew up, I began to realize that the song was somewhat of a warning to help prevent me from doing something with my life that would be disastrous. I also began to realize that there was someone above me that loved, cared, and truly desired the best for me.  That someone was the Heavenly Father over all the world.  Furthermore, this song also instilled within me a sense of accountability. One day, I will have to stand before the Father and give an account of my words and deeds. Today, when I sing this same song to my children,  I'm thankful to God that I have this golden opportunity to impart into them these same truths I've come to know and understand. 

As parents, we have a great responsibility given to us by God to raise (steer) our children in the right way.  The Bible says,

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6 

Prayer: O Gracious and Bountiful Father, shine your light upon our way so that, while our children are under our care and roof; we may make it our business to do all we can, while we can to ensure the preservation of Godly seed in the earth...in Jesus name, Amen!


Please Comment below: 

What are you doing to train up your child/children in the way they should go?





No comments:

Post a Comment